F-90 Space Fighter


When it came to designing this I wanted to capture something that would be hard to place what era it belonged to. I started by looking at iconic planes from WW2 such as the Supermarine Spitfire and the P51 Mustang. I then started to build up my design concepts by infusing certain details from these planes with the basic shape of a modern day F1 car.

Final Concept side view

Final Concept top view
 As I progressed through the modeling stage of this project and began to see its form within 3d space I continued to tweak the design to reach something closer to what I had envisioned.
Final Render front

Final Render back
As you can see from the final renders I made the wings almost double the length to the original design and made the fuselage slightly thinner and longer.
Final Render cockpit
 The cockpit probably took about the same time to model as the rest of the plane. I looked at pictures of the cockpit for the Space Shuttle and wanted to create something similar, with buttons and switches wherever they could be crammed in. I decided to put in the circular dials at the top to try and retain a certain retro style.



Torpedo Concept
 The idea behind the torpedo design was a weapon that could cut through the outer shell of its target and detonate from the inside. Lasers slide out from the center and rotate round to cut a hole in the target.

Torpedo Final Render

Torpedo Final Render with lasers deployed
F-90s ready to scramble



No comments:

Post a Comment